Tuesday, December 01, 1998

Daddy's Little Helper (December 1998)

On Friday, both Melanie and I picked Jolee up early, excited by the prospect that Jolee would be thrilled to see the ground covered with several inches of snow, with flakes still falling from the sky.

Jolee, however, was not impressed, and insisted that I carry her home. Nevertheless, our front yard was blanketed with snow, and we spent a good hour, playing about. This consisted mostly of Jolee standing around telling me to throw snow at Melanie, and vice-versa, and subsequently laughing hysterically whenever a direct hit was scored.

Then, I went back into the apartment, into our landlord's garage and located their snow shovel, so I could help shovel the sidewalk and driveway. I started working away when I noticed Jolee helping. She had gone into the garage with Zuzu, the woman looking after our landlord's elderly father, and returned with a dustpan, which she used to help shovel the snow.

The only problem was that Jolee was using her dustpan to collect snow I had already shovelled to the curb, and was returning it to the front yard. Everyone had fun, I got some exercise, and the landlords were thrilled when they got home, although they didn't say anything about reducing our rent. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home