Friday, January 20, 2006

Reality Check (August 24, 1999)

Hi, this is Jolee. Mommy's in Atlanta, so Daddy was flying solo with Shayna and me last night. He's done it before, but it's been a while, and she's gone 'til Thursday night. I must say, I was impressed. He got us home in one piece, except for a little trauma I suffered when my balloon popped. He made some yummy ravioli, though it couldv'e cooked a little bit longer. But hey, that frozen ravioli is tricky, and I ate more of it than he did, so who am I to complain? Then he strapped Shayna into her Baby Bjorn carrier and gave me my bath. Piece of cake, but I was really going easy on the guy. Then he put Shayna in the playpen and set up her bath in the kitchen. He even invited me to bring my potty out so I could stand on it and watch the bath. Then he got Shayna going, and he was soooo proud of himself, because he was way ahead of schedule, and doing a stellar job. But then, he started getting cocky. He started singing a song about "Superdad" and how he was king of the world and he failed to mention his beautiful, cooperative daughters, and especially me, I mean, I could've made things much more difficult for him. And I started to think, when will I get some credit, and between you and me, I only PRETEND to like his singing voice. Meanwhile, I'm running around naked and he's doing a little dance in the kitchen, and I decide to bring him back down to Earth, he's getting a little carried away. So I pooped on the couch.


Grammy Donna replied:

Dear Jolee,
As long as daddy wasn't dancing around naked and he didn't poop on the
couch! And I agree, he doesn't have a very good voice! Love Grammy


Caryn Quinn replied:

This was too funny...only because I can envision the same thing
happening to Chuck or I someday! In fact, I am spending 10 days here
alone with Cayla before we begin our family trips and I'm afraid I'll go
insane. At least there's only 1 kid so far. Anyway, I hope you make it
till Thursday in one piece, we'll be thinking of you! Keep the updates
coming.

Caryn


Rebecca Murphy Jones replied:

Bill -
Go, Jolee! Serves you right for being cocky.:) I have a great picture of
our girls at their first meeting, Hannah is kissing Shayna and it's really
cute. I'll send it snail mail this week, as I don't have the whole email
photo thing down yet. See you soon -
Rebecca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home