Friday, January 20, 2006

A Busy Several Days (April 1, 1999)

Sorry for the lack of updates, but we've been a bIt busy of late.
Melanie stopped by my office last Friday, bringing Shayna into the
city to show her off at work. An amazing thing happened, a sheer
moment of timing and circumstance that makes you wonder about cosmic
forces and how many opportunities can be missed due to the smallest
delays.

On our way to lunch, we just missed an elevator down, and had to wait
a minute for another one.
When that one arrived, we got on and descended, stoppin at the 10th
floor to let some people on. As it turns out, the two people that got
on the elevator worked for a company called B!G (Brilliant Graphics,
an advertising and design firm). One of the people took one look at
Shayna and said, "That's the cutest baby I've ever seen! She'd be
perfect for our Baby Gap print campaign! Can I take a few pictures to
show our client?" Of course, we consented, and the guy pulls out one
of those digital cameras and does a couple of snapshots, takes my
number and says he'll call us ASAP.

Later that day, he called, said the client loved Shayna's look, and
wanted to do a photo shoot in the coming week. Wise man that I am, I
advised the guy that we didn't have any type of representation for
Shayna, and that I would be more comfortable if we had someone taking
care of us. He referred me to a children's agent named Lauren Fox at a
company called Kids & Co., and before we knew it, we had photo
sessions scheduled for Monday and Tuesday of this week.

Everything went spectacularly and without a hitch, so we will let you
know when and where to look for Shayna's ads! Isn't that cool!

Oh, and Jolee, a trooper through all of this, what with all the
attention heaped on her little sister, learned a new phrase: April
Fools!


Caryn Quinn replied:

Bill,
You are good!!! You totally had me fooled. I was ready to send you the
names of the people I know at the Gap HQ in San Francisco in case you
needed anything!!

I guess I should have known. ;-)

Take care,
Caryn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home