Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Just call me the human diaper . . .(April 9, 1998)

Jolee calls the moon, "Mo!".
She also clearly doesn't like her temperature taken the old-fashioned
way. Yesterday, I stayed home with her because she had a fever, and we
went to a different doctor's office where a lady did a thermal reading
from Jolee's posterior. Jolee screamed. And then she screamed some more.
As I was the one holding her up, this was unpleasant (albeit, much less
pleasant for her, I'm sure). But then, Jolee, not one to hide her
emotions, let it all out and peed all over me. Ah, fatherhood. Funny,
though, the nurse thought the whole thing was rather amusing. Jolee is
all better now. We believe she was just teething something fierce.


Tino replied:

Hey Bill,

How come this Jolee update didn't have a "Bodily function" warning. Just
wondering.

Tino

and Caryn wrote:

Bill,

Pretty funny stuff, but you didn't warn us this time that there would be
various types of projectiles going on. I think I would have waited to read
it until after I ate my bagel! Oh well, glad Jolee's feeling better!

That's exciting stuff about being poet of the month. I remember many times
in Pauley when you would come read me your new piece of work. Sometimes I
really miss those days!! Congratulations and keep the stories coming.

Happy Pesach, (I'm sure there will be some good Afikomen stories on
Monday)
Caryn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home