Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Jolee Cohen, Master Seamstress (May 1998)

Well, perhaps she was a bit misguided. Jolee noticed that the top button
was missing on a chambray shirt I was wearing and, instead of having to
watch me suffer trying to sew a new button on, she took care of
everything for me.

I was carrying her back from daycare on my shoulders, a location she is
particularly fond of. When we reached our building, Jolee did one of her
famous daddydiving lunges (basically she disembarks from my shoulders
whether I'm ready for her to do so or not). This time, however, Jolee
skillfully maneuvered her left heel into my shirt breast pocket as I
lowered her to earth. A loud ripping noise was heard and I stood there
looking down at the pocket dangling by a few threads from my shirt.

Need a button sewed back on, Dad? No problem. Here, buy a new shirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home