Friday, January 20, 2006

Additions to vocabulary (September 29, 1998)

Jolee now says, with too-great frequency, "I wanna."
"I wanna cup. I wanna toy. I wanna go outside."
and then yesterday she said,
"I wanna the Packers to win the Super Bowl."
Well, actually that's what it sounded like. Melanie says it sounded more like
"I wanna the Yankees to win the World Series."

Actually I blame Melanie and the Yankees for teaching Jolee one of her more comm
ly used expressions: "Oh, man!" Or, she is merely overcome by the holiness of th
Jewish High Holidays, and is merely praying, "Ah-men!"


Mikela, a co-worker of Melanie's from Vanity Fair replied:

Dear Bill and Melanie,

I am concerned about the way you are raising your daughter Jolee
amd the subliminal thoughts that are passing through to your unborn
child regarding the Yankees. GO CUBS!!!! It is at this time you need
to teach your kids about the dream team here in Chicago. They are the
fantasy team that Harry is carrying.
Pete and I went to the Wild Card game last night and it was out of
control. I am dying to see who will be in the series. My prediction
is the Yankees and the Cubs.
M.V.P. M.V.P. = Sammy Sosa
BYE!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home