Monday, November 15, 1999

It happened at the post office (November 15, 1999)

It was a typical Saturday excursion to the post office. Shayna was strapped
to my chest in the Baby Bjorn and Jolee was running around being.....Jolee. I
stood in line and waited patiently. There were several people behind me and a
few in front of me. Jolee provided everyone with running commentary on the
posters and the chairs, etc. Then, she decided to stand in line with me and
squeezed in front of me. I stepped back a foot to give her more space, and
for a brief moment she was staring straight ahead, her face was level with
the posterior of the woman in front of me.

Then, Jolee turned to me, and stepped out of line (in more ways than one).
Her nose was scrunched up and she said, loudly, "Pee-yew! Stinky!" and, as
if we all didn't get it, she said this waving her hand in front of her nose.

Either the woman chose not to react or didn't hear, but several people behind
me chuckled as I waited for my face to return to its normal color.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home