Friday, January 20, 2006

Hands off My Grandma! E-I-E-I-Oooooooo (June 1998)

Yesterday, Grandma Cyndee went to pick up Jolee at daycare. Jolee saw
her and headed to the closet where her jacket is hung (and God forbid
you try and leave without her jacket). Unfortunately, little Robbie and
Stevie saw Cyndee too and ran toward her, delighted by her Grover
sweatshirt. Jolee looked back over her shoulder to see if Grandma was
following her to the closet, saw the two boys next to Grandma, whirled
around and, in Cyndee's words, "moved faster than I'd ever seen her move
before." Jolee was very upset that these two young upstarts were
harassing Grandma, and did all she could to protect her.

This morning, I discovered that Jolee knows the chorus to Old MacDonald
Had a Farm. She sings along E I E I O. This was news to me and made the
day start off with quite a wonderful moment. Jolee, however, sometimes
tries the variants E I E I OOH and E I E I E I E I E I E.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home